Long trip from San Francisco to Panama City

6/4/10


I am back in wonderful Panama and have some great pics to show you since I arrived last month. Sorry it took me so long to start posting, but the time was full of stuff I had to take care of. Mainly, my dog, Oscar, who I brought back with me, was a little 'out of sorts' from the trip and I had to get him all settled before I could do anything else.

I am not even going to go into what I had to go through and do to get my dog preapproved (my word for it, they don't really call it that) and ready for the flight. Lets just say, it ain't easy! And I was near hysterical on the arrival in Panama City, cause they (and just who are they?) didn't get my boy into the luggage area as quickly as they should have and I thought he was out in the 96 degree heat! After 20 minutes and a sick stomach of worry, he finally came through in his crate on the luggage ramp. He looked fine, so I guess he was indoors on the other side of that wall, and not out in the heat that I thought! Whew, that was close.

I flew out of San Francisco on the 'red-eye'. It has the best connections for me. I had a great ticket upgrade though, as I was offered a 1st class upgrade for only $50.00!!!! I have never flown 1st class, and I was very excited about this. So when I got to San Fran and did all the checking in for both my boy (Oscar) and me, I went straight to the Presidents Lounge. I have heard so much do-da about the place and only the very select first class ticket holders get in. Well, I only had an hour to spend in there and it was midnight, so needless to say not much was happening, and the food choices were slim. Actually, it was more of a munchies selection of which I took a pic. I do have to say, thought, the bar was open, and boy did I need a drink. The lounge itself was nice and had different areas, tv lounge, tables for eating, separate internet cubicles (which of course was where I was). Anyway, as I said the bar was open, and a very dressed up bartender made me the BEST BLOODY MARY I HAVE EVER HAD!!!! If I didn't have to face going through security when I left the lounge I would of had another, and maybe one more. But, as most everyone now knows, going through security is something where you need to have your wits about you.

Next stop is a 3 hour layover in Houston. More on that later.. Actually Houston was a drag so next post will be more of Panama!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment