Arriving Panama City airport

6/5/10


After the fiasco of getting my dog and going through customs, I found my way to my prearranged 'driver' who would be taking us to our hotel. I figured 16 hours of travel was enough for my 10 year old dog (and me) to handle in one day. While waiting for my driver to get his car/van/suv?? (it had to be big enough for the largest dog crate that you can fly) we made a few new friends with the airport workers.

I set in the backseat beside the dog crate, and for those folks in the u.s. that don't know this, alot of cars, taxis, etc. do not have seat belts in the backseats! It is not like in the states where it is a law. It is only a law here to have them in the front seat (and also that you use them.) So one needs to remember to always ask about seat belts, as well as air-conditioning.

So, sitting in the backseat, unrestrained, going through Panama City is a joyride in itself. They just built this new freeway that is above all the streets and congestion and is really wonderful and fast, but for some reason, my driver chose to go the old way.

I was very happy to finally be at the B+B, the Balboa Inn, which really was quite delightful if not fancy. The employees were so kind and considerate of everything I needed. The manager ordered a pizza for me from "a better place than all the rest" and indeed it was!! I was so happy to be able to relax in my room with wireless internet in my room, a good pizza, and yes, even a Panama beer!! Those of you who know me, know I am a Bud light kind of girl with lots of limes so I don't have to actually taste the beer, but this night, the Panama was excellente!! Of course they served lots of limes for me too.

I almost forgot to mention all the birds here. Amazing. All night they sang the most beautiful songs. It was a good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment