Boquete delights

12/12/10

These birds are so beautiful and this was the first morning they actually came to my feeder (banana on a table). I believe they are called "White-ringed Flycatchers" And this I bought at the weekly market here. Can you tell what it is? Its a hand carved wooden shoe! The man who carved it (is holding it in pic) said it was very special to him and close to his heart. I love this piece!! It is about 2' long and beautifully decorated all around. It looks like an aladdins shoe, so I tell my friends to rub it and make a wish!!

2 comments:

Gretchen Seefried said...

The birds stole my heart, of course! What a cool adventure you are on. I admire your courage in not only thinking but also stepping outside of the box! Thx for reading about skinny jeans ;)and commenting! Hop on over to my other blog (21 Years of Plan B) too for a little holiday hilarity. xx Gretch

Juls~ said...

Beautiful birds & very cool carvings!

Love your metalwork!

Post a Comment