some sights in Botanical Gardens

8/29/09

When I first arrived here at Wilson's Botanical Gardens in Costa Rica, I walked through my room and onto the deck overlooking the gorgous gardens and trees. I was wondering how long would it take for me to see something really cool. I am staring into the trees and right in front of me, kind of hidden inside the tree was this beautiful long tailed bird. I had only been there less than 5 minutes!! I looked it up and its a Blue Crowned MotMot. A good sized bird with a beautiful long tail. And my stay here was only just beginning!
In front of my balcony I could see these Agouti running around. I think a family of them lived under the large tree because every once in awhile a mom would come out with her twin babies. Too cute for words. They Agoutis here are very happy as their favorite food is the palm nut and this botanical garden has one of the largest collections of palms in the world.
Always one of my favorite flowers. Passion Flower. I had these growing at my home in Cambria California when I lived there. One of these days I will plant them at my new home (where ever that will be!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment